Supervisor - Quality
Our team is growing! We work cross-functionally and globally to exceed our customers' expectations and reach the world class manufacturing level. We have exciting work in front of us, and more on the horizon! The automotive world is changing rapidly and to be part of this big change is an exciting movement. The opportunities are endless if you are willing to join our team in the challenges ahead of us. We want an experienced team member who can lead, manage and implement changes and new processes. Someone who can plan and prioritize, collaborate, communicate, and deliver.
Purpose of the Job
Responsible to manage the processes, equipment, resources and overall operation of the two precision quality laboratories within operations: Gauge Lab and Receiving Inspection with the proper level of support to manufacturing, operations and delivery per the cost objectives described in the Business Plan.
Want to Learn More About Hagerstown?
We Are The Heart. We develop and produce heavy-duty diesel engines, transmissions, and axles for Volvo Group Brands. In operation since 1961, we proudly service and support the community of Washington County and its surrounding areas. Click here to explore more about Hagerstown: www.volvogroup.com/hagerstown
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Quality Director, the primary responsibilities of the Quality Supervisor include but are not limited to the following…
- Assess performance and competences of the team members and initiate appropriate training, counselling, or corrective action to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of the team members and thus be an agile and flexible working team
- Own the relationship with Supplier Quality to drive quality assurance of all material supply and hold Supplier Quality and Suppliers accountable as it pertains to non-conforming material/parts
- Perform weekly review of Suppliers performance with Supplier Quality Managers in order to ensure that prompt containment action and sustainable corrective action are in place to avoid disturbance to the product lines.
- Support the on-time launch of projects and product changes by ensuring timely completion of first delivery inspections
- Manage the gauge calibration process, equipment and schedule with production organizations
- Partner with key stakeholders within each production area to understand their business and how the laboratories support those functions and deliver on those needs as appropriate
- Participate in global network in order to benchmark opportunities of improvement related to laboratories support / activities
- Have knowledge of lean production systems and lead team efforts, using these tools, to drive continuous improvement
- Understand the collective bargaining unit agreements
- Maintain accurate time and attendance records for all departmental employees; initiate and record corrective actions to address attendance issues
Associates degree and five years technical experience in a manufacturing environment OR ten years minimum combined education and experience within a manufacturing environment
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Understanding of GD&T
- Tolerancing, traceability, dimensional, electronic, torque and GR&R
- Use of Database systems for managing inspections and calibration
- APQP/PPAP Process
- Managing Bargaining Unit Employees
- Ability to influence others within the organization
- Microsoft software
Necessary Technical/Functional/Language Skills
- Needs to have a good understanding of the Volvo Group Businesses
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.