IT Onsite Network Support Technician
This position occurs as part of the Onsite Americas team, within the Infrastructure and Onsite Services (IOS) unit of Volvo’s Group IT Organization.
- Provide time critical support of the network infrastructure
- Provide support/maintenance of standard infrastructure components on behalf of our Infrastructure supplier
- Proficient understanding of Cisco switching and routing.
- Proficient in Cisco Wired and Wireless LAN equipment and technologies
- Proficient in complex testing / analysis of all elements of network infrastructure.
- Proficient in network device troubleshooting (wired/wireless/device)
- Proficient in managing the change process in a distribution center.
- Working knowledge of IP Telephony and convergences of technology as related to voice and data communications.
- Provides project implementation support to meet business objectives.
- Provides support and resolution for escalated communications problems.
- Follows company guidelines and procedures for trouble resolution and work effort reporting.
- Assist and implement daily adds, moves, and changes, including cabling infrastructure, and hardware (Racks, WIC’s, Patch Panels, Copper & Fiber Hardware).
- Taking ownership and driving resolutions to insure customer satisfaction.
- Working environment
- This position is in a Central Distribution Center
- This position also supports various Regional Distribution Centers
- A work area with a personal computer and working space
- Working Hours
- Preferred working hours of 8am to 5pm
- May require earlier starting times after major changes to ensure a smooth start to the Distribution Center operations
- Team Work
- Part of a local team providing time critical support to the business
- Part of an extended team of network technicians across other facility locations in the US
- Physical demands
- Significant walking within the facility
- Moving/installation of network devices
- Ability to work on, around, and under furniture within the office
- Use of small ladders to reach data cabinets
- Is dedicated to deliver customer value
- Has ability to build effective relationships
- Has very strong communication skills
- Has fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Is open to change and enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Pursues everything with energy, drives and has a need to finish
- Broad IT background
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative in dealing with daily assumptions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
- 3-5 years of experience with LAN technologies, including multiple network operating systems (topologies and Wide Area Networking).
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment, manage multiple clients, and provide consultative skills throughout the process.
- Ideal candidate will be highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
- Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.