Logistics Operations Americas is part of GTO (Group Truck Operations) and has approximately 1,000 employees in more than 20 locations within the region. Our job is to design, handle and optimize the supply chain for all Volvo Group brands. The scope for Logistics Services includes making sure material is delivered to the production facilities, packaging is available, vehicles are distributed to the dealers, and that management of material, warehouses and distribution ensures the availability of parts everywhere in the world. We make sure all logistics services are delivered with world class operational excellence.
We have exciting opportunities for the right individuals at our currently under construction 1,000,000 SF central Distribution Center in Byhalia, MS. This new Byhalia DC is located approximately 25 miles southeast of Memphis, TN.
The Inbound Administration position reports to the Inbound Administration Supervisor of the CDC and is responsible for coordinating inbound transport to the CDC, as well as the reverse logistics flow.
- Coordinate inbound transport, so all goods come in without delay and following the right priority
- Create a daily workload plan based upon the pre-advised transports and their goods
- Produce and oversee all administration associated with goods receiving
- Print and distribute tags to industrial workers for put away
- Perform any related transactions to receive inbound material into inventory within the various systems
- Report deviations in the reverse logistics flow and take appropriate action (mostly related to dealer crediting)
- Initiate or participate in continuous improvement activities
- Participate in flow planning meetings with other DC’s in order to stabilize the goods flows between the DC’s in Logistics Services
- Support carrier management related to all inbound deliveries from the CDC
- Help research and resolve Accounts Payable discrepancies related to inbound
- Track and trace cross dock documentation
- Completes other duties as assigned by management
- Dealer credit/invoicing related to the reverse logistics flow
- Required minimum 2 to 5 years relevant experience in a similar function in a logistics or distribution company
- Good COMMUNICATION skills and ability to work under minimal amount of supervision
- INITIATIVE & DRIVE: Taking action in the absence of specific instructions or in the absence of a specific requirement, taking reasonable risks to achieve results, and persevering when challenged
- You are CUSTOMER FOCUSED
- Good ANALYTICAL skills and PROBLEM SOLVING attitude
- Very good NEGOTIATION skills in order to improve the service provided by suppliers and carriers
- Good skills in working with MS Office programs, Word, Excel, Power Point, Etc. and ability to learn new IT applications applicable for the role
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.