Volvo Group Trucks Operations (GTO) is the truck industrial entity within the Volvo Group responsible for Truck manufacturing, including Cab & Vehicle Assembly, Powertrain Production, Logistics Services, Parts Distribution and Remanufacturing. Hagerstown’s group function is Powertrain Production. Powertrain production is one of the world's largest manufacturer of heavy-duty diesel engines for commercial vehicles. Powertrain production provides diesel engines and transmission systems to the Volvo Group Business Areas.
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Volvo Production System (VPS) department as a Continuous Improvement Co-op. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the VPS team within GTO, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineering focusing on lean manufacturing, standardized work. GTO’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to VPS Coach.
• Help facilitate continuous improvement around the facility and identify opportunities on your own to implement.
• Support production with implementing the VPS methodology as necessary.
• Works with the production teams to reduce non-value add activities by bringing new ideas.
• Support the journey in developing autonomous teams.
• Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
• Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
• Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
• Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
• Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Co-op Education and Program Requirements
• Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree industrial engineering, manufacturing engineering, supply chain, or operations management at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op/internship.
• Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
• Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
• Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
• Strong communication skills.
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Customer Focus
• Technical Skills
• Peer Relationships
• Integrity and Trust
• Standing Alone
• Action Oriented
• Time Management
• Continuous Improvement/Lean Manufacturing
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify