Are you looking for a creative and stimulating job with enthusiastic and really skilled colleagues? Would you like to be a key player, defining the control system of Volvo’s next generation of powertrains, including combustion engines, electrified drivelines and transmissions? In addition, you will have the possibility to develop the future sustainable and autonomous transport solutions together with us. We stand in front of challenging demands – where reducing the CO2 emissions is one of the biggest – and are now creating new products within automation and electromobility.
Go ahead, join us and apply for the role as System Engineer within Powertrain Management!
This is us, your new colleagues
Transmission Simulation and System Design is a group with 15 engineers, within department Driveline, Powertrain Engineering Sweden. The Sweden organization has the full worldwide Product platform responsibility for Heavy Duty powertrains, and of the installation in European Volvo Products. We participate in all stages of the product cycle – from advanced engineering to industrial development and maintenance.
We develop our Software internally in agile teams. The electronic control systems are defined for Volvo’s conventional powertrains, as well as electrified. The Software development reaches from function and system design, software implementation and calibration to verification of the features in our end products, always with our customers in mind.
You will as a System Engineer:
- Perform and lead the engineering activities in order to specify and design the Powertrain Management system solutions. Your main responsibility is to design hybrid systems that will enable electrification to decrease fuel consumption, improve ADAS functionality and create a system that will support Autonomous vehicles
- Deliver solutions that meet system requirements from on-going and future projects, considering all constraints and strategies within Control System Engineering
- Develop system solutions in close cooperation with experts from different competence areas, also cross-functionally with cloud based services
- Give recommendation of complete powertrain solutions to ensure the right energy efficiency
- Be one of the main interfaces of the project management teams to refine their request from a high level demand to a consistent solution into the development backlog
- Work as a bridge between Software and Hardware development and the Product owners
To be successful in your new role we want you to have the following skills/experience:
- Master of Science in Mechatronics, Physics, Electrical, Mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Experience from product development within automotive industry
- Understanding of energy efficiency of complete powertrain and vehicle dynamics
- Experience of SW based system design
- Interest in Vehicle/Powertrain Control functions
- Previous knowledge from system engineering process (Requirement management, SFMEA, FTA, System design & analysis) will be seen as meritorious
- Structured and analytical, with good communication skills
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- (C/CE driving license is a plus.)
Maria Petersson, Group Manager Transmission Simulation and System Design, Tel. +46 31 322 58 18
Chaimaa Zarhoud, HR Business Partner, Tel. +46 31 3233470
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.