Intern: Human Resources (Spring 2020)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Human Resources team as a Human Resources Intern. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of HR in manufacturing. As a valued member of the Human Resources team within GTO, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with the HR team on people development functions related to the unionized manufacturing environment. GTO’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the Human Resources Business Partner.
- Apply academic knowledge to professional activities for Volvo group by working on important and innovative projects.
- Integrate knowledge and skills in manners that are mutually beneficial to the students and Volvo Group
- Coordinate intern activities (entrance presentation, iBad trip, etc.)
- Assist in HR SOPs and flow charts
- Participate in functional meetings
- Participate in health and wellbeing meetings and initiatives
- Work in the SAP system including running HR reports and assisting with payroll
- Assist in monitoring attendance and absenteeism
- Increase employee engagement
- Decrease payroll errors
- Support PD activities like SOP development
- Improve/develop training classes on specific topics
- HERCA support
- Scheduling and administering of training classes
- Delivering training classes as needed
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree Business Administration degree with a focus in Human Resources at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Spring Interns are required work less than 30 hours per week and must be enrolled as full-time student.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.