Director, Marine Gasoline Sales-North America
The Volvo Penta vision is to be the world leader in sustainable power solutions, and world-leading supplier of engines and complete powers systems for marine and industrial applications. We have a history of innovation and enjoy strong market positions based on our current product and service offer with customers in over 130 countries around the world. Volvo Penta is a world-leading supplier of engines and complete power systems for marine and industrial applications – both at land and sea.
Volvo Penta is responsible for the sale of the entire range of marine engines, both leisure & commercial, to our OEMs & boat builders within the Americas. Our partners include Four Winns, Cruisers Yachts, Tiara Yachts, Cobalt Boats, and Western Branch Diesel.
We are now looking for a Director-Marine Gas Sales (North America) to join our team in Chesapeake, Virginia!
What is the Job?
In this role, you will provide leadership and direction for the overall sales of Marine Gas engines (stern drive and outboards) in the North American market—United States, Canada, Caribbean, and Mexico. This role directly impacts the sales volume of gas engines in the Marine Leisure segment for this region. Some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Implementing and managing overall strategic direction for North American Marine Gas Sales including establishment of strategies, sales goals, programs/plans, and budgeting and reporting within the segment. You will also develop, with the Marketing team, programs supporting the gas sales strategy.
- Actively developing and driving actions to improve customer satisfaction by making it easy to do business with Volvo Penta.
- Representing Volvo Penta of the Americas during weekly Sales and Operation planning and forecasting meetings.
- Leading OEM forecasting efforts among the team, and ensuring that accurate forecasts are completed on a timely basis and measured for accuracy.
- Directing and managing all sales and pricing activities, promotions, and ensuring appropriate inventory levels.
- Monitoring and directing activities with the goal of increasing sales and market share among customers, and working collaboratively with the Volvo Penta dealer development group for strategic dealer conquest accounts. You will also be Monitoring and analyzing sales, purchasing trends, benchmark studies, etc.
- Working collaboratively to identify, integrate and target suitable outboard customers to grow market share, as well as recruiting suitable outboard boat selling dealers to support our growing business.
- Working with Sales and Application Engineering integrating new OEM projects, and providing input and working with Product Planning to identify new features and boating trends to further develop our product line.
As a Director-Marine Gas Sales (North America) you will be afforded the opportunity to work with some exceptionally skilled colleagues and experience some truly exciting challenges that will benefit you both professionally and personally.
Are you a leader who is strategic-minded and likes to reach your goals? We might have an opportunity for you…
To be successful in this role, we need someone with:
- Outstanding analytical ability and management-level business skills to include strategic planning, decision making, and supervision.
- Demonstrated sales skills and key account relationship management, as well as being able to interface with pertinent departments such as Engineering and Product Development.
- Retail/wholesale experience in Marine Power or like industry using a manufacturer-to-dealer or OEM direct distribution system.
We would really like you to have a strong understanding of the marine industry especially when it comes to stern drives, outboard engines and Volvo Penta’s business environment. In addition, excellent communication skills are necessary as is the need for strong fluency in speaking and writing English in order to communicate successfully with internal and external stakeholders at different levels of the organization.
This position requires:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or related field; or, equivalent experience.
- 7 years’ experience in sales, dealer operations and customer support, strategic planning and pricing, preferably in the Marine Leisure area and/or similar industry.
- At least 5 years in a leadership role.
Are you ready to join our team?
We were recently awarded “A Great Place to Work” certification and our employees can attest that Volvo Penta is a great place to work! We experience relationships built on trust and respect, change and innovation, passion, exceptional performance, and a strong commitment to customer success!
If you are interested in being part of a team focused on innovation and success, and feel that this opportunity is for you, we invite you to apply to become a Director-Marine Gas Sales (North America). We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.