Application Leader 13L
The Volvo Group Trucks Technology Complete Powertrain Engineering 13L Product Team is looking for a self-driven individual with high work ethic and integrity to join their team as an Engineering Application Leader
The Complete Powertrain Team:
The team consists of product leaders, project leaders, and project managers who support the 13L products within North America. The team mission and vision are:
- Collaborate with the Chief Engineer, Technology teams, Range & Product Planning to develop long term strategic roadmaps and projects to meet those plans
- Support Project Managers to execute and deliver projects for product evolution
- Own the full product dataset and ensure that it meets all requirements
- Monitor product field performance (e.g. Reliability, Fuel Economy, Compliance, Field Performance) and interface with brands and end customers to integrate experience into product lines
- Support Aftermarket Technology current and legacy product long term business objectives, including Remanufacturing and end-of-life initiatives
The Application Leader (AL) - Engineering position will include the following responsibilities:
- Maintain Product Focus
- Work directly in test cell(s)/vehicle(s) to deliver optimized product dataset for engine, vehicle, OBD, and Exhaust Aftertreatment Systems including strategies, final calibration, and execution according to project time plans
- Request cell and vehicle resources as needed
- Assign tasks to application engineers and follow up on their respective deliveries
- Leadership capability while exercising flexibility to build cooperation among individuals and departments
- Take ownership, responsibility, and accountability with a strong focus on the customer and/ or stakeholder expectations while being an advocate for quality
- Good planning and organizational skill set with ability to clearly communicate at various levels within the organization or stakeholder group
- Possess a high level of technical/ functional expertise with the ability to apply creative and innovative solutions that align with product strategic planning
- Self-starting individual who takes the initiative in the absence of specific instructions or requirements to solve problems with organized methodology and makes decisions
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering required
- Master of Science in Engineering preferred
- Minimum four years of related experience
- Strong background in engine and transmission/axle development and problem resolution.
- Familiarity with Heavy Duty Engines
- Good working knowledge of the Volvo on-line tools
- PMP certification a plus
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.