Volvo Bus Corporation is the world’s second largest manufacturer of coaches. The company’s product range comprises of complete vehicles, chassis, and transport system solutions for metropolitan transit, leasing, financing and service contract maintenance.
We are now looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team in Plattsburgh, NY. This role is integral in design review and ensuring the manufacturability of systems.
What is the job?
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will participate in design reviews and will work to achieve an efficient and stable assembly through identifying and coordinating engineering prototypes. You will also perform the start of manufacturing engineering deliverables.
Some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Install files including design calculations, testing, prototyping, etc.
- Identify and approve manufacturing deliverables (for example: AVT, scales, templates, validation points, etc.) within required timeframes
- Participate in optimization and cost reduction projects
- Support and meet suppliers, after-sales service (VAS), production as well as the bids & sales group
- Perform focal point project management
- Support analysis of customer requests and special requests
- Contribute to the standardization of concepts while taking state-of-the-art standards into account
- Support industrial engineering group with tasks as needed
- Manage and document projects as assigned and in accordance with set priorities
- Update project lists on a weekly basis (forecast/progress)
- Support and coordinate continuous improvement efforts
- Other duties or tasks as required by the business or management – these may include executing various assignments as directed by department leader, coordinating the work of production support technicians, drafting action plans and ensuring follow-up, etc
You are an experienced manufacturing or electrical engineer, for 5 or more years, and have demonstrated experience in a manufacturing environment. Ideally, you have completed a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Design Engineering. Or you have substantial relevant experience that may be substituted for a college degree. You are also available for overnight travel as required by the position, including travel to Canada.
In addition, you have knowledge and skills in these areas:
- Project Management software, Microsoft Office suite, Autocad and Inventor
- Strong communication skills
- Acute analytical skills
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
Volvo Buses, is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electromobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.