Group Manager – Embedded software,Vehicle electronics
Are you a result oriented manager with strong business mindset, who is willing to develop and motivate your team with energy and passion? Do you have the curiosity and drive to take on new possibilities and are able to create a climate of cross functional teamwork where everyone is accountable and proud of the products and solutions, then we are hoping you to join our team!
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
EEVC is a local department within Vehicle Engineering Bangalore, responsible for delivering Electrical and Connectivity solutions for the engineering sites globally in selected technology areas.
The purpose and the mission of the group manager for Embedded software Vehicle electronics is to
- Ensure that the software is developed and integrated by the in-house software team from Software Requirement Development , configuration to Integration on target hardware with full QDCF.
- Responsible for initiating and executing Advanced Engineering activities.
- Follow Agile way of work working driving product ownership
- Define the processes and guidelines to be followed for outsourced software development apart from supplier developed ECUs.
- Lead and continuously develop the people in the group to achieve the objectives stated in the strategic business plan
- Propose and execute plans to identify new responsibilities and workpackages to meet the work for decided headcount
You will in this position report to the Section Manager TEA2BP EEVC Bangalore and be part of the EE leadership team
The main responsibilities are:
- Secure product deliveries from the area of responsibility in respect to committed QDCF targets
- Provide skilled engineers to project and maintenance activities
- Participate and contribute in applicable product review forums
- Secure development of technology strategies and roadmaps for the responsible areas
- Coach team members in the daily activities and secure necessary pre-requisites for a successful execution of responsibilities
- In charge of training plan, salary evolution proposal, talent mapping assessment proposal and all other administrative activities belonging to their team members
- Regular communication to the team on performance, strategies and operations
- Break down business plan targets and allocate activities to direct reports
- Secure competence development strategy and coach the team members on their personal development
- Secure knowledge sharing globally utilizing Competence Area Teams (CAT)
- Embrace Agile way of working along with waterfall methods(co-existing) with focus on delivering value and improvising way of working
- Activity participate in developing the working environment at the site
- Continuous improvement mindset, independent decision making and risk taking ability
WHO ARE YOU?
The following qualifications are required:
- Bachelor/Master in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Around 10 to 12 years of experience with Good leadership competance from product development in truck or car industry within the area of electrical and electronics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Good competence in product development working process
- High competence in global communication and networking
- Knowledge and expertise in Agile way of working
As Group Manager you are expected to:
- Have an open multi-brand and multi-cultural mindset.
- Always looking for improvements in the team and yourself
- To grow the team in competence and deliver exceeding expectations
- Always have a growth mindset both to yourself and team
- Be a network builder and have good communication skills
- Be Business and Customer oriented
- Have an inspiring leadership and find it rewarding to manage co-workers to perform their best in a successful working climate
- Leadership with courage and integrity
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
We believe this is a position for a person that has the ability to work under demanding conditions and to create a successful working climate in these situations. As a person, you have a broad technical know how combined with very good people skills and a strong ability to build personal relationships and networks. You can connect with the team and inspire the team to achieve excellence in competence and product ownership. You have a high customer focus and a genuine and strong ability to inspire, develop and motivate individuals and teams.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Vi vill lära känna dig
Ett bekräftelsemail skickas till dig efter att du färdigställt din ansökan. Du kan uppdatera din profil även efter inskickad ansökan.
Om du blir kallad till en intervju informerar vi dig kring ansökningsprocessens samtliga delmoment såsom andra intervju, tester och referenstagning.
Samtliga kandidater blir informerade när den sökta tjänsten är tillsatt. Du kan välja ifall du önskar behålla ditt CV i vår databas för att få förslag på andra jobb som matchar din profil.
Vid anställningsstart genomgår du en introduktion som syftar till att på kort tid få dig att bli en del av ditt nya team samt börja kunna genomföra dina nya arbetsuppgifter på bästa möjliga sätt.